Family Sponsorship

If you are looking for help bringing your family members to Canada, you need the right firm to help you. We specialize in providing different legal services to individuals and their family members.

Explore Options Request a Callback

Family Class Sponsorship

Canada invites over 100,000 newcomers through its family sponsorship program. This number comprises 80% under their Spouses, Partners, and Children Program. The remaining 20% comes under their Parents and Grandparents Program.

One of the primary pillars of Canada’s immigration system is family rejoin. The nation seeks to welcome more immigrants. This helps to strengthen their economy and brings different families together. Canada does this on humane grounds.

Canada aims to allow more than 400,000 newcomers each year. Out of this, around 100,000 immigrants come under the family class.

Spouse or Common-Law Partner

Spousal sponsorship comprises a significant chunk of the Canadian immigration system. To obtain Canadian permanent resident status, all Canadian permanent residents and citizens can sponsor their:

  1. Common-law partners.
  2. Spouses
  3. Conjugal partners.

When you decide to sponsor your family member or someone in relation with you, there are two options to choose from:

  • Outland sponsorship
  • Inland sponsorship

The Canadian government tries to take its decisions on spousal sponsorship applications within 12 months.

Child or Other Dependent

Many Canadian citizens and permanent residents have adopted or dependent kids living in some foreign country. Such Canadian residents can sponsor these children to immigrate to Canada.

The primary objective of sponsoring dependent children is to help families stay united in Canada. This type of sponsorship is possible through the Family Class sponsorship. To be more specific, this program lets Canadian permanent residents and citizens bring their dependent kids from any foreign country to Canada and become permanent residents.

Parents and Grandparents

Starting from September 20, 2021, for 2 weeks, IRCC will conduct a lottery. This system will be to invite 30,000 Canadian permanent residents and citizens to put forward their sponsorship applications.

IRCC will consider those people who have successfully submitted an interest to sponsor form on their website. The submission should be between noon EDT on October 13, 2020, and noon EDT on November 3, 2020. If a person fails to submit an interest to sponsor form last year, the best option will be to opt for a Super Visa.

Super Visa

The Super Visa lets the grandparents and parents of Canadian permanent residents and citizens visit Canada as visitors. This Super Visa lets them come to Canada for a maximum of two 2 consecutive years on their first visit without the need to renew their status.

Thus, parents and grandparents get permission to stay on Canadian soil for an extended time. The validity of Super Visas lasts for 10 years.